The Revenue Control Team is an oversight and governance function responsible for the end to end billing and receivable process on behalf of Asset Servicing. The team operate and maintain a control environment, including but not limited to - Fee Schedule Template Management, Fee Schedule Issuance, Billing Set-up, Invoice Review, Receivables, Accruals, Fee Expires & Fee Re-negotiations, Fee Waivers & Concessions, working to an auditable SOX and ICFR framework.
From a reporting perspective, you will responsible in supporting MI in relation to planning, organisation and implementation of all billable products and services on behalf of Asset Servicing. Working closely with our business partners, you will develop detailed knowledge of how the end to end billing process works. Create, maintain, deliver accurate and auditable reporting, utilising a number of tools available servicing the range of products and services delivered by Asset Serving. This will include primarily reporting to Asset Servicing on key deliverables such Client Aged Receivables (debtors).
Much of your time will be spent around data mining, manipulating and delivering visualisations. This will be delivered using tools such as Excel, Sharepoint, and Nexen in assisting Asset Servicing in Client data deliverables in relation to Billing. You will assist in the reduction of all outstanding receivables, resolving issues with delayed invoices and support the production of relevant reports and MI for senior management.
You must build close working relationships with Product, Pricing, the Relationship Teams, Finance and the other teams within Revenue & Billing Services to provide MI in relation to all Billing in line with SOX, ICFR and Audit requirements, ensuing revenue is correctly reflected and prevent revenue leakage.
This role offers a fantastic development opportunity for the right candidate, currently working within one of the operational or client facing functional areas who is looking to build on their knowledge and develop new skills, you will gain exposure to Asset Servicing’s legal structure, its product and service catalogue and insight into how the operational functions responsible for their service delivery, contribute commercially through our core revenue stream.Key responsibilities:
- Ensure there is governance over the Aged Receivables (debtors) collection process and liaising with Senior Stakeholders and process owners within Asset Servicing.
- Ensure the issuance and manipulation of any manual data is done so within the ICFR Control infrastructure.
- Monitor and oversee ALL MI in relation to Revenue Control related activities.
- Provide MI support and assistance in relation to Revenue & Billing Services activities and Client Data requests.
- Compliance with our ICFR and SOX controls.
- Work with the Relationship Teams and the Revenue & Billing Services Teams on complex billing issues, MI reporting.
- Working closely with internal and external auditors to ensure all necessary requirements adhered to.
- Working closely with the Legal Entity Controllers to ensure the correct revenues are reported in the financials.
- Support any data or testing requests in relation to our ICFR and/or SOX control environment.
- Working closely with the external auditors to ensure group and local audits are well managed and meet the agreed timetable
- Provide support on any new initiatives, projects and work streams.
- Communication of changes to legal entity controllers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently possess a strong work ethic and be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Provide recommendations for strategic decision making.
- Preferably 3+ years’ experience working within a client, process, or operational background, with a clear MI bias
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Comfortable performing ad-hoc MI analysis using data reporting tools.
- Possess advanced level proficiency in relation to Excel (macros, APIs, pivots, lookups)
- Experience with large scale data mining and reporting tools.
- Naturally inquisitive and happy to challenge and raise questions.
- Self-Starter, forward thinking and acts with a sense of urgency whilst understanding business requirements.
- Strong Asset Servicing or operational background would be desirable.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70159
Organization: Revenue And Billing Services-HR12224
Requisition Number: 2001306