The internal Audit mission is to contribute to the
effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent,
risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk
mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and Luxembourg.
The position is a role for a Liquidity Risk and/or Capital Management subject matter expertise (SME) audit lead. This role is based in Brussels, although the individual will be part of a regional team and participate in audits on an international basis.
- Lead prudential risk and other audit reviews in the area of risk, treasury and finance from inception to completion.
- Coach younger colleagues, review their work, and give meaningful feedback.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Maintain global subject matter expertise regarding liquidity and/or capital management, including best practices, key control processes, regulatory requirements and their application to the Company.
- Own auditee relationship for selected areas.
- Provide liquidity and/or capital management specific direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general by advising on necessary training and providing support for any regulatory requests.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees.
- Travel is limited, but possible.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or other related field; FRM, PRM, MBA, CPA, CFA, CIA certifications preferred.
- 6-12 years relevant experience in in audit/ consulting with specific experience in liquidity and/or capital management (Basel, SREP, ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP); or experience in a risk or treasury function, with interest in moving into the third line.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering risk based projects.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws.
- Knowledgeable on good governance practices.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (French, Dutch or German) are considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, also with colleagues remotely.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 85003
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 2001393