The Application Support Analyst serves as the first point of contact and coordination for the Production Services team, the role will be responsible for:
- Level 2 application support to solve more complex issues than simple helpdesk tasks.
- Tracking incidents throughout the lifecycle and ensures it is closed upon completion. Coordinating with the Senior Incident Officer/ Production Services Application Lead to provide information needed for updates.
- Acts as an SME for all incidents, issues, alerts, problems and changes related to the applications. Triaging & Prioritizing incidents, issues, alerts, problems & user support requests. Resolving moderately complex application/system issues, routing, and escalating, high complexity issues (as needed), engaging the required groups including Infrastructure Support and Application Development teams (as needed). May interact directly with internal clients regarding ongoing issue activities
- Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment and provides application support input with regards to Configuration Management, Change Management, and Release Management activities.
- Identifies repeatable manual tasks and leads efforts to automate. Provides knowledge and training to new support personnel. And follows standard procedures to document and maintain knowledge artifacts including articles for self-help and recurring issues.
- Supports regulatory compliance or audit support activities as needed. May interact directly with internal and external auditors.
- Review contingency documentation and recommends updates.
- Support contingency / recovery testing. Identify new opportunities to streamline and improve recovery solutions.
- Support regulatory compliance or audit support activities as needed. May interact directly with internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial.
- 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required.
- Oracle PL/SQL skills required.
- Java, & JVM skills required.
- Strong Unix/Linux shell, navigation, commands, and scripting skills required.
- Working knowledge of Informatica or Pentaho ETL, Business Objects reporting products are a plus.
- Extensive customer service and client interaction skills.
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, documenting findings, and designing plans to rectify issues.
- Ability to work independently and very self-motivated.
- Experience supporting regulatory applications is an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing relationships and collaborating with IT, business, and vendor stakeholders.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60167
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2001743