The Bank of New York Mellon is a provider of investment services and investment management and we are a world-renowned leader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can help drive your success in markets around the world. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Operations and Shared Tech (OST) owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon’s products and services are delivered to our clients and our internal business operations teams. We provide Custody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM’s digital platform (NEXEN) along with associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio for Alternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operational transformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient. OST’s world-class engineers build solutions with an ‘empathy first’ principle. We believe that our products and services are superior when we know our clients, users, and partners – and that the more embedded we are with them and the more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise.
The Production Services Team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
As part of the OST Production Services team, we are looking for an Application Support Analyst.
- Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Ensures that all service requests are addressed and resolved within SLAs. Maintains service uptime & SLA as committed.
- Acts as an SME for all incidents, issues, alerts, problems and changes related to the applications. Triaging & Prioritizing incidents, issues, alerts, problems & user support requests. Resolving moderately complex application/system issues, routing, and escalating, high complexity issues (as needed), engaging the required groups including Infrastructure Support and Application Development teams (as needed). May interact directly with internal clients regarding ongoing issue activities
- Tracks the incident throughout the lifecycle and ensures it is closed upon completion. Coordinates with the Senior Incident Officer/ Production Services Application Lead to provide information needed for updates. Analyzes issues of moderate complexity, participates in documenting root cause and documents potential solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment and provides application support input with regard to Configuration Management, Change Management, and Release Management activities.
- Reviews contingency documentation and recommends updates. Supports contingency / recovery testing. Identifies new opportunities to streamline and improve recovery solutions.
- Identifies repeatable manual tasks and leads efforts to automate. Provides knowledge and training to new support personnel. And follows standard procedures to document and maintain knowledge artifacts including articles for self-help and recurring issues.
- Supports regulatory compliance or audit support activities as needed. May interact directly with internal and external auditors.
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Strong Unix/Linux shell, navigation, commands, and scripting skills required.
- Oracle PL/SQL skills required
- Java, & JVM skills required
- Informatica or Pentaho ETL, Business Objects reporting, or Smartstream TLM products are a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45139
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 2002140