• Responsible for assisting with the execution of the Newton compliance monitoring plan to include:
o Planning monitoring assignments and executing them in a timely manner in line with the agreed monitoring plan and BNYM Global Compliance Monitoring methodology
o Conducting the pre-scoping exercise for each monitoring review (including meeting with key stakeholders), documenting the scope
o Conducting all field work, evaluating risk and processes and procedures, documenting all testing and sampling.
o Compiling and organising all review documentation and testing output to ensure a clear audit trail
o Drafting reports and agreeing issues with stakeholders
o Working though the QA process and liaising with the Head of Compliance, the Monitoring Manager and key business stakeholders to confirm and document the monitoring issues and actions
o Chasing of issue / action closures
o Ongoing input of monitoring work to, and maintenance of, the corporate monitoring system
o Demonstrating clear sense of accountability in performing the role.
• Contributing to the Compliance Department’s assessment of the regulatory risks faced by Newton
• Involvement in ad hoc Compliance projects and tasks as appropriate
• Representing the monitoring team at governance committees and forums as required and/or preparing monitoring MI
• Assisting with oversight and management of temporary monitoring resources, including summer interns
• Providing any other compliance support as agreed and appropriate
• Management of own ongoing training schedule alongside core role of monitoring review work.
• Solid Compliance background, preferably in 2nd line risk based / thematic monitoring or possibly audit
• Demonstrate understanding of the remit and role of the 2nd line of defence and of Compliance review work in general
• Good level of knowledge of UK regulatory requirements essential, covering topics such as Market Abuse, Conflicts of Interest, TCF, Dealing and Managing, Best Execution, Financial Promotions
• Able to build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders of all levels
• Able to synthesise, organise and evaluate large amounts of information, think logically and identify potential risks
• Experience of applying monitoring methodologies / audit methodology within financial organisations, preferably within the investment management industry
• Well organised self-starter, able to prioritise quickly and adapt to tight timeframes and meet deadlines
• Able to walk through processes and procedures and detect possible control weaknesses to target testing appropriately
• A good attention to detail balanced with ability to see a wider perspective.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 50346
Requisition Number: 2002215