BNY Mellon Treasury Services is comprised of best-in-class services processing several trillion dollars a day supporting most top tier global banks and institutions. Treasury Services organization has embarked on a journey to re-engineer our platforms to stay ahead of our clients’ demands.
At BNY, the technology group works in partnership with the business and other technology groups to continue to enhance our offerings and improve the client experience. BNY’s significant investment in technology results in new and forward thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient.
We are looking for exceptional and creative developers to join our Agile teams. The attributes we are looking for are creativity, a firm foundation in software fundamentals and a strong personal initiative. We will be building new, strategic and green-field solutions. You must be self-driven, inquisitive and take ownership.
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Solid knowledge of batch COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, MQSERIES and DB2
- Experience in developing real-time and batch applications
- Ability to write clean and optimized code
- Ability to design for scalability
- Knowledge of INSYNC or other VSAM file manipulation utilities like FileAid
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Minimum 6 to 8 years’ experience required.
- Job holder must personally demonstrate accountability and responsibility.
- S/he must have extensive experience with developing for major impact projects.
- Hands on development working in very strong technical team.
- Self-learner and a strong team player
Knowledge of the following technologies
- DB2/SQL, VSAM
- ESP or related scheduler like OPCA
- Treasury applications knowledge a plus (ACH, Check Processing, etc.)
- Experience with industry standards a plus - SWIFT messages, BAI formatting, etc.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2002224