BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
Reporting to the Global Head of Data & Analytics Solutions and a Global Technology Leader, the Head of Product Development is responsible for leading the engineering efforts. As a key leader of the leadership team, s/he must provide the leadership and direction necessary to create an environment that motivates a bright and technically diverse engineering organization to deliver innovation to customers. At the same time, s/he should also possess extensive and relevant experience to manage existing software products as well as the migration to a SaaS product capability. The new strategy embraces a highly scalable and cloud enabled solution which permits greater market connectivity and insights to be shared with clients.
This leader should be deeply technical and presently with a successful product or content company or leading buy or sell-side firm or exchange. Ideally, s/he is experienced in leading the related change management capabilities to convert thinking and approach. S/He should be capable of sitting with clients and business stakeholders to translate business concepts to technology and product strategy. The solution is deemed highly strategic for the enterprise and to improve connectivity to customers. S/He leads a focused team across multiple geographies to deliver the desired results and outcomes. Additionally, it is critical for the Chief Technology Officer to work in direct partnership with other global technology teams to ensure governance and architecture is aligned to the broader organization and security requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Implement world-class strategy, technology, process, and human capital capable of supporting scalable, functional, and reliable product offerings that increase business success and growth
· Develop, syndicate and execute a roadmap for success, which aligns to client requirements and requires close collaboration with engineering, architecture and security teams
· Lead efforts to create new software and product capabilities while maintaining the current platforms; should be achieved through the development of a technology roadmap that is capable of scale and customizable to client requirements
· Provide hands-on leadership, maintain visibility and accessibility to critical stakeholders and foster a culture of business enablement
· Lead, coach and mentor technology teams to encourage an Agile state which embraces the open exchange of ideas and information
· Partner with sales and product executives to understand business or customer requirements, as well as, plans for future product releases with relevant features and functionality
· Standardize product solutions to a common architecture and establish repeatable and scalable processes
· Align with technology organization to facilitate efforts related to cloud, security and architecture
· Assess product development challenges to find creative solutions to problems, and establish and meet delivery schedules with related client implementations
· In addition to revamping product capabilities, focus on innovation, emerging technologies, and making recommendations on the strategic use of technology to enable business results
· The ideal candidate should possess a proven track record of success and significant experience in fast-paced settings. S/he will be a team builder, team player, and a leader, who is passionate about applying technical solutions to customer problems. S/He should be comfortable in the challenges related to a modernization journey with an appetite to learn and deliver highly competitive product capabilities.
Additional qualifications include:
· Demonstrated experience leading a globally distributed, cross-functional (Architecture, Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Data Science) organization
· Ability to seamlessly work with critical business stakeholders and clients to effectively communicate, plan and delivery a new data and analytics platform
· Proven track record of launching and managing multiple successful enterprise SaaS/Cloud product lines or software products
· Background in a modern cloud environment, leading large mission-critical products in a highly competitive and regulated environment
· A strong track record of delivering highly competitive (disruptive) and scalable products while meeting or exceeding revenue, margin, and delivery commitments
· Experience assessing and managing globally distributed development teams while working closely with
broader technology requirements at the enterprise level
· Demonstrated track record of building innovative solutions to meet market needs with respect to
functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, implementation and adherence to development goals
· Ability to lead and inspire engineering professionals to succeed in a fast-changing and highly competitive
market, keeping the team focused on breakthrough strategies
· Ability to link technology solutions to business priorities who can also represent technology decisions in
front of a diverse set of audiences
· Proven success establishing a streamlined software development process including solid documentation
and exceptional functional quality and reliability
· Experience creating differentiation and competitive advantage through architecture, system, and solution
· Ability to create loyalty, trust, and following who can also energize teams, while providing a strong voice
for engineering principles and standards
· Bias toward action, and hands-on approach to driving results; one that looks to become personally
involved in results and outcomes who develops like-minded senior managers
· Experience in FinTech, SaaS and a data-centric environment is strongly preferred
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon’s 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world’s largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients—it’s one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission—making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency.
Exec Manager, Product Management->> Manages an area within Product Management. Supports multiple products and provides oversight and operational direction in order to deliver innovative products that directly address client needs. Responsible for managing multiple, complex products that may be global in scope. Leads and oversees complex product management projects, budgets, resourcing, etc. to support the success of multiple product live cycles and the product management function. Uses product expertise to provide innovative direction and guidance on product management processes and methods to ensure products are aligned with client needs. Provides guidance to product management teams by giving direction in identifying potential project issues or opportunities. Leads recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Manages multiple product management groupsContributes to the achievement of Product Management objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 15+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45357
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 2002479