Asset Servicing is organized on two primary dimensions – Clients and Solutions. On the Solutions dimension, Asset Servicing is organized into six primary businesses – Custody, Accounting & Structured Products, Investor Solutions, Middle Office, Alternatives and Liquidity.
The Product Lead, Accounting & Administration reports to the Head of Accounting & Administration and helps drive product vision, strategy and road maps, product profitability and unit cost, and helps drive the automation and efficiency agendas on a global basis with distinct P&L
- Support the creation of a strategic roadmap for global Accounting & Administration capabilities (Institutional Accounting, Insurance Accounting, Fund Accounting, Regulatory and Administration product families) and drive the product lifecycle from conception to development and delivery
(Includes product pricing, automation/ technology prioritization, efficiency, resiliency, interbank SLA's, overall unit cost, quality and execution on the product strategy)
- Help define the standard product offering providing an industry leading, flexible and comprehensive multi-client solution by critically analyzing, refining and documenting the requirements.
- Work with clients and client facing teams to deliver client driven solutions that are re-usable.
- Work with Head of Digital for Asset Servicing to drive the digital agenda for Accounting & Administration. Provides thought leadership that engages with client needs and generates interest in wider firm solutions
- Lead and drive a cross functional team to deliver the capabilities being built on the Bank’s platform
- Participate in the successful launch and rapid ongoing innovation in the space
- Has an understanding of the P&L for certain aspects of the business. Responsible for product development strategy and execution; supports prioritization and capital planning. Leverages the financial growth and profitability of products within the business.
- Maintains industry expertise, has knowledge of market trends, competitor offerings, and regulatory developments. Responsible for maintaining competitive capabilities across Products, Segments and regions at the most efficient unit costs. Industry representative of BNY Mellon at
client and industry events, as agreed with regional and segment heads.
- Participant in non-standard contract negotiations. Has influence for all pricing requests in collaboration with Region and Segment Heads. Involved in BAC and provides content for RFPs as needed.
- Helps direct the efforts and priorities of Technology and Operations on behalf of the business.
- Product-specific issue resolution. Works with Service Directors, Product Specialists, Segment and Regional Heads, Technology and Operations to resolve escalated business issues.
- Manages business in accordance with applicable KRIs and risk assessment tolerances to ensure full compliance with all regulatory and internal risk requirements.
- Maintains tracking and reporting methodology on results for the business. Develops and reports on function metrics and dashboards.
- Attracts, retains and motivates high quality talent (product specialists and others), maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- The incumbent should have 15 + years of work experience, with at least 7 years in a management role.
- This experience is likely to come from within Financial Services due to the depth of product knowledge required to be successful.
Must possess strong presentation, negotiation, influence, emotional intelligence and communication skills to rapidly develop enterprise-level partnerships and rapport with client leaders to gain trust and confidence.
- Understanding of GSIFI/regulated FI market issues, industry wide Asset Servicing offerings, and the BNY Mellon value proposition and differentiation.
- Manage complexity and leading multiple projects with an unrelenting focus and prioritization
- Being a thoughtful communicator who can express complex ideas in simple, practical terms for a wide range audiences
- Bring a global mind-set and working across a diverse set of environments
Have excellent analytical, conceptual, communication, presentation and networking skills
Strong academics with a minimum Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent academics achieved
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70660
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Product Capabilities-HR12791
Requisition Number: 2002881