As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology is an application development organization consisting of 2,300 employees and contractors worldwide. The team is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with 350+ other applications.
Treasury Services Technology (TST) is a premier technology organization that supports the Treasury Services (TS) business. TST provides technology solutions that enable clients to move money and associated information quickly, safely and reliably around the world. We partner with our business and operations colleagues to deliver high-quality performance in global payments, trade services and cash management. Together we are able to combine diverse services into solutions that help clients streamline transactions, optimize cash flow, manage liquidity and make payments more efficiently in capital markets around the world.
Treasury Services Technology is seeking an Application Support Analyst. You will be responsible for providing 2nd line production/operational support for Linux/UNIX/Windows application services.
- Provide remote and onsite support for internally developed business critical applications and 3rd Party vendor packages
- Provide 24/7 on-call cover on a rotational shift basis
- Investigate defects or problems; work with the internal Development team and external vendors to identify workarounds and support any fixes that are required as part of service improvement.
- Implement changes or fixes to applications. Support other technical changes being made which affect the Business Systems
- Upgrade or maintain software at a time when the impact to the business is minimized
- Participate in regular Disaster Recovery testing activities
- Create, maintain, and review operational process and support documentation
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of major production incidents, technical and business communication on outages and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization
- Professionally manage all aspects of production issues such as facilitating incident calls, escalation, notification and resolution.
- Must be able to grasp the technical descriptions of events and accurately capture the important details and present them to the business in terms they understand.
- Be techno-functional and have the ability to recognize and effect changes to processes and procedures that reduce risk and business impact.
- Technical and personal skills for working with a diverse group of people to provide hands-on Level 2 production support to multiple applications.
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Entry level and Junior level profiles will be considered.
- Experience with a combination of the following:
- Prior IT operational support experience across business critical Production infrastructure, applications and database services
- Strong experience of supporting Web portal applications
- Experience of supporting C#, .NET, PowerShell, Angular JS, Java based applications
- Strong experience in working with Ticket Systems, such as ServiceNow and an understanding of priorities and SLA’s.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Moogsoft, Appdynamics, Splunk and Cloudprober
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework (understanding of Incident, Problem, Change)
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time, while still being a part of a high performance team
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Industry standard IT certification - AWS / Linux / IBM MQ
- ITIL certification
- Strong experience of supporting proprietary developed business critical banking applications
- Experience of running queries against Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and DB2 databases
- Experience of supporting IBM Websphere MQ
- Experience of supporting Swift messaging applications
- Experience of Release Management processes for the deployment of application packages from development through to production environment
Strong knowledge in Mainframe Fundamentals. Understand the JCL programming language to quickly analyze the cause of Job Failure. Should be aware of Scheduling tools like ESP, Cybermation to monitor batch and distributed jobs. Basic understanding of COBOL and good analytical DB2 skills to get to the data level to track the issue. Knowledge on MQ, NDM and FTP process would be added advantage.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45139
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2002918