Reporting to the Head of Marketing NA the Head of Events is responsible for planning and producing events, and managing sponsorships for BNY Mellon IM in North America. This person will have end to end responsibility in the full life cycle of events: strategy, budget build and approval, vendor and supplier management, coordination with internal stakeholders, event activation and execution, and post event analysis and budget reconciliation. This person will work closely with IM brand team and their counter parts in EMEA to ensure consistency in brand, messaging, reporting and quality of execution globally. The Head of Events will also be responsible for strategic planning, program management and activation of signature sponsorships of the San Francisco 49ers (Santa Clara) and title sponsorship of the Head of the Charles Regatta (Boston).
• Create and manage a portfolio of IM conferences & events including, but not limited to, investment forums, roadshows, roundtables, due diligence meetings, industry events, sponsorships and a small number of internal events.
• Collaborate with IM marketing, global events teams and distribution heads to align events plan with overall marketing programs in line with objectives and business needs
• Provide strategic management, creative direction and activation program management to all IM sponsorship properties.
• Support core IM business priorities by ensuring the application of business and marketing strategies and the application of relevant data in the selection of sponsorship marketing partnerships, acquisition of rights, benefits, assets and incentives, and execution.
• Work with regional IM marketing teams to ensure sponsorship assets are fully leveraged to support the brand and business goals.
•Program management: plan and execute pre- and post-event campaigns, agenda management, speaker management/selection, metrics and measurement,
• Work with global marketing operations to define measurement metrics and reporting plan to ensure a return on investment on all events, conferences and sponsorship properties
• Direct a team of event management professionals and all external agencies engaged to support events, conferences and sponsorships.
• Administer all aspects of event, conference and
sponsorship oversight, including attendee database development, program
timelines, budget forecasting, amenities and accommodations at each event, and
the negotiation of hotel, venue, airline, entertainment, catering and
transportation contracts – as well as ensuring event branding is in line with
guidelines and managing event communications and analysis
• Minimum 10 years in events capacity for a financial services firm.
• Proven experience in directing distribution events and corporate sponsorship programs.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and contract negotiation.
• An understanding of the investment management industry, intermediary distribution of mutual funds An advantage
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate and manage event. Manage professionals (internally and externally) to achieve outstanding results.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to identify and promote the development of communications talent within staff.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to communicate such thoughts proactively, efficiently and effectively.
• Results driven individual with emphasis on test-learn-refine.
• Collaboration and consensus building acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to manage changing requirements and short timelines a plus.
• Take a proactive role in managing projects.
Travel Required: 25%
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 32811
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 2003225