TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Key responsibilities include:
Research, design, and implement software components powering our web authentication and security platform.
Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems code-base.
Work extensively with open source software. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open source project.
Deploy and scale critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers and potentially impact millions of end users.
Employ both Object Orientated development skills and Systems Engineering skills.
Code services and User Interfaces in Java, Python, or C#
Use innovative tools and frameworks such as SpringBoot, Java, Angular, Docker, etc. on Linux and Windows.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle databases and database objects is preferred.
- SOAP and REST WebServices development experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with LDAP, SiteMinder, and OIDC is a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Troubleshooting enterprise-wide applications is a plus.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools is a plus.
- Full stack development and grasp of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms, and UNIX systems development is a plus.
- Experience with Scrum Development, SDLC, and Agile Development tools (Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Confluence) is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 2003228