Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
The CMIST Centers of Excellence govern best practices across the organization. Supporting functions include financial planning, portfolio/program/project management, and technology risk management, as well as communications and employee engagement. The teams also provide strategic guidance for enterprise technology programs for application resiliency and infrastructure modernization, as well as production application administration and incident management, mainframe development, and quality engineering standards.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes highly complex areas of risk that pertain to information technology.
- Leads coordination with application, development, disaster recovery and data security teams.
- Provides high value input into risk reports on complex issues.
- Presents reports to the business areas and IT risk management.
- Leads complex projects that involve working with the businesses to improve controls that would mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Develops and improves risk systems, methodologies and limits.
- Remains aware of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization.
- Recommends and leads any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10 to 12 years of related experience required
- Experience defining, implementing and monitoring IT risk management programs, including cyber security related risks
- Experience understanding design and operating effectiveness of IT controls and industry related frameworks.
- ISACA certifications such as CRISC, CISA, CISSP preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services
industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45185
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2003677