As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, while providing our employees with the tools to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Our Team Operations and Shared Tech (OST) owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon’s products and services are delivered to our clients and our internal business operations teams. We provide Custody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM’s digital platform (NEXEN) along with associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio for Custody, Alternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operational transformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient. OST’s world-class engineers build solutions with an ‘empathy first’ principle. We believe that our products and services are superior when we know our clients, users, and partners – and that the more embedded we are with them and the more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise.
The OST Production Services Team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
The Role As part of the OST Production Services team, we are looking
for a Platform Support
- Ability to work additional hours as required by business need
- Infrastructure support
- Support of BNY Mellon customizations
- Participate in Agile based software development model
- Provides guidance on technical subject matter to associates.
- Troubleshooting moderate to complex issues.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Provides off hour support as needed
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Linux (RHEL), Apache, Tomcat,.NET
- Experience with the Agile methodology.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with large databases (MS SQL Server, Ctree)
- Windows server administration skills
- PowerShell and visual basic scripting
- SQL administration and query building
- Basic DB administration and query building
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools GIT, JIRA, ServiceNow, Ansible, Kibana, Solarwinds, Splunk, AppDynamics Prometheus, MoogSoft,etc.)
- Working knowledge of Event Management principles, methodologies,
- Internet Information Services (IIS), SOAP,SSL/TLS protocols, Security Certificates,
- Log analysis
- Strong production support background
- Incident & problem management background
- Full stack development knowledge
- Real-world RESTful web services experience
- Working knowledge of cloud based technologies, containerization.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45167
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 2003712