The Global Asset Safety Oversight Team is part of Operations. Primary responsibility is to provide global stewardship of books and records through a robust risk and control framework that safeguards clients’ assets. This is enabled through three teams that focus on Controls, Governance and Quality Assurance. Ensures common standards across the enterprise that safeguard cash and assets. Executes and monitors key asset safety controls ensuring enterprise wide compliance to our policy and regulatory standards. Evidences consistent application of the firm’s asset safety policy globally, ensuring that clients are treated consistently in all regions through targeted oversight, engagement and governance. Given the skill-set of the team, the group is also called upon from time to time to support Operations and the businesses with various data extracts and related data analysis.
- Leads a team of 29 and set the priorities for global asset safety adherence enterprise wide, across all Legal Entities and Lines of Business in the ongoing adherence to the Safety of Clients’ Assets and Cash Deposits Policy.
- Partners with the businesses and 2nd line of defence to monitor the Risk and Control framework globally to provide assurance on adherence to policy and regulatory obligations. Identify and solve issues, escalating asset safety issues and risks to governance forums with tailored management information to ensure that key messages/issues are communicated effectively.
- Provide proactive guidance and support to the various operational teams and Business Heads globally to assist in the strategic development of a regulatory/policy compliant and best practice global business model with regards to safeguarding of client assets.
- Ensure continual improvement of the operating model to ensure team activity, outputs, data and metrics are relevant and add value.
- Understand, analyze and question practices and procedures within businesses and operational teams to proactively identify areas of potential regulatory risk that require investigation and remediation.
- Assist in the development and delivery of a variety of regulatory control and enterprise wide best practice protocols with regards to client asset safety.
- Be the focal point for the coordination of change requirements, training and policy development for Global Asset Safety enterprise wide.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree level education required.
- Experienced in enterprise level reporting, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Strong knowledge of and experience with custody operations, controls and cash processing.
- Understanding of asset safety regulations applicable to a custody bank.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70396
Organization: Network Management-HR08805
Requisition Number: 2003871