BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management.
Department: Finance, Finance Professional Services Centre (Manchester)
Reports to: EMEA Liquidity Regulatory Reporting Team Leader
The Liquidity Regulatory Reporting Production Manager (EMEA) will be responsible for reviewing the production of multiple liquidity regulatory deliverables across various EMEA jurisdictions including both external prudential reporting and internal monitoring deliverables.
This EMEA Liquidity regulatory reporting team are part of the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre (FPSC) which is a team of finance professionals based in Manchester, which provides excellent financial services to the EMEA Controllers group of BNY Mellon. EMEA Controllers is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department, which consists finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai. The Regulatory Reporting Production team is the largest team within the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns across multiple EMEA locations.
This role will be responsible for reviewing the production of multiple liquidity regulatory deliverables across various EMEA jurisdictions, working with other members of the Liquidity team, the Finance Controllers, Treasury, Risk, Compliance and various functions across EMEA. Whilst this role includes some responsibility for production, the overall oversight and accountability will remain with the relevant Finance Controller in each location.
This role involves working closely with the Liquidity team based in Manchester and the offshore support in Chennai, who also support the production.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Delivering liquidity regulatory submissions for EMEA locations, including review of external and internal monitoring deliverables and responding supporting ad-hoc regulatory queries within prescribed regulatory deadlines
• Reporting – produce or oversee the production of high quality regulatory returns, analytics and MI in a timely fashion, ensuring that the EMEA region meets reporting deadlines and quality expectations.
• Oversight & Controls – maintain a strong operational control environment with well-evidenced reviews, checklists and procedures.
• Stakeholder management – work with market centre financial controller owners across the EMEA regions and other business areas particularly Corporate Treasury, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business Finance and business management in the production of regulatory and liquidity returns.
• Leadership – has management responsibility ensuring that day-to-day work is completed accurately and timely. Acts as a role model within the EMEA Finance Professional Service Centre function and supports strategic objectives.
• Review of internal liquidity reporting for business management and decision-making. This includes daily monitoring of internal reports for liquidity submissions to stakeholders.
• Work in a strong operational control environment for data production and reporting e.g. completion of certification, analytical review and checklists to the required level. Adherence to regulatory governance policies.
• Projects and change – Assist with regulatory change projects and initiatives to support the business in its objectives as regards to liquidity regulatory reporting and compliance with new regulatory rules and advisory work on business changes and restructures, platform migration, legal entity restructuring and new branches, new business start-ups and product launches.
• Provide support, advice and education to the business and business partners departments on the impact of new business and new regulatory rules.
• Knowledge – Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of external reporting requirements and procedures.
• Other – perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
The Liquidity Regulatory Reporting Production Manager (EMEA) will be required to work closely with the following stakeholder teams:
• Corporate Treasury
• Finance Controllers
• Risk and Compliance functions
• Regulatory reporting change
• Legal team
• Qualified Accountant – ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA Full Accreditation or equivalent, with at least 2 years post qualified experience
• Regulatory Reporting experience, with liquidity reporting preferable
• Management or supervisory experience, including review of team members; work and providing constructive feedback
• Process improvement, change management and controls experience in a complex global environment
• Significant experience of accounting systems and processes (e.g. advanced user of excel)
• Organized and structured working methodology, attention to detail and highly motivated individual with an analytical inquisitive/challenging mind set
• Experience of a fast moving, deadline driven complex, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 32219
Requisition Number: 2004559