The Specialist – Operations Finance - FP&A provides business, financial, and/or systems analysis and reporting support for FMA Processes. S/he is accountable to deliver complex analytics and reporting support for their line of business. S/he plays an integral role providing support for the development of period end commentary, variance analyses, and reporting; supporting KPI metrics tracking and scorecard reporting, providing capital planning, project planning, and budget management support.
S/he will be supporting Finance team that manages the Financial Planning & Analysis for the various services such as Accounting Services, Alternate Investment Services, Custody, and Treasury services etc., which support BNYM businesses success.
S/he will collaborate with senior members of the team and the business line CFO to work during month close, planning cycles and expected to support during flexible working hours during these periods.
S/he may be called upon to contribute to or perform analysis of complex financial transactions, hierarchy management, reporting budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, outcomes and trends.
S/he may perform country/ region specific reporting, performance analysis, forecast, and budget support
S/he will perform key ad-hoc requests and present any financial information during key discussions and meetings.
S/he will also develop and deliver approved process documentation and training content to the knowledge management warehouse for publication.
S/he will be an individual contributor who can also help and guide other team members. S/he will report to the respective business manager locally.
· Support and deliver Financial Planning, hierarchy management, Reporting & Analysis tasks
· Provide high-quality information for decision-making by providing financial, cost, and revenue analysis
· Provide quality decision support through variance analysis, forecast and budget support
· Track possible spend/losses and provide quality decision support
Bachelor Degree in a financial discipline such as accounting, finance, statistics, or economics; or local country equivalent is required. MBA; or local country equivalent is preferred. Professional qualification like CA, CMA or equivalent certification issued by local area Licensing body would be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
· 7-plus years of experience in accounting or finance
· 5-plus years of experience in budgeting, planning, forecasting, cost allocations, financial analysis and modeling. Business intelligence
· Excellent communication skills - Strong written and oral communications skills
· Self-starter – Should drive change on their own with minimal direction needed
· Analytical – Ability to easily dive into very arcane details on allocations and bring it up to the appropriate level of audience they are communicating with
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
· Confident and calm demeanor with ability to perform under pressure and handle difficult situations
· Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Proficiency with reporting tools like TM1 - MAQ,WFP, ESSBASE, HFM, Cognos, Power BI
· Proficiency with SAP, PeopleSoft or other relative ERP/ accounting tools
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Internal Jobcode: 85068
Requisition Number: 2004777