- Drives the market or liquidity risk program within a business area, potentially across multiple businesses and/or regions.
- Manages market or liquidity risk activities through more junior managers. Manages the performance of more junior managers and a team of Market or Liquidity Risk staff, coaching and guiding on market or liquidity risk discipline and strategy.
- Sets priorities and allocates resources to align with Market or Liquidity Risk objectives.
- Has an expert understanding of market or liquidity risk concepts.
- Recognized within the business as a leader in addressing market or liquidity risk related matters and establishing policy.
- Serves as an escalation point for complex market or liquidity risk issues or roadblocks, shepherds issues through to resolution.
- Leads consultation on market or liquidity risk issues, questions and problems and provides guidance to senior business managers, more junior market or liquidity risk managers.
- Works across global and regional groups to communicate market or liquidity risk matters effectively to senior business management.
- Leverages nuanced market or liquidity risk techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Is accountable for leading the resolution of highly complex market or liquidity risk issues for the business.
- Establishes a comprehensive market or liquidity risk infrastructure.
- Leads the implementation of the market or liquidity risk strategy for more junior managers and ensures the appropriate level of market or liquidity risk awareness of responsibilities and accountability among more junior managers.
- Makes decisions, contributes to consensus building and manages a physical or virtual team that balances market or liquidity risk with other business objectives.
- Researches, analyzes, and identifies risk mitigation opportunities within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Has a solid understanding of the specific risks that exist within the assigned area and how these risks may be addressed.
- Works with other business units, Risk units, operations and technology and liaises with legal and compliance staff in relation to regulatory matters.
- Acts and influences on behalf of management to guide all Market or Liquidity Risk management staff into compliance with relevant policies and procedures, accountable to corporate management, internal and external auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Reviews team results and makes team adjustments as needed to align performance with functional objectives.
- Coaches and guides more junior managers and assigned staff on improving the execution of market or liquidity risk activities and achievement of group goals.
- Manages development and talent management processes for more junior managers and a team of Market or Liquidity Risk staff.
- Coaches and counsels more junior managers, determines staffing and compensation recommendations and leads in hiring and termination decisions. Directly manages more junior managers and market or liquidity risk staff and ensures their focus on daily tasks to deliver on initiatives.
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of market or liquidity risk staff.
- Completion of tasks may affect organizational achievement of objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in financial engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or similar areas) or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Master's degree (including but not limited to MBA) preferred.
- 12-15 years of total work experience with at least 3-5 years in management preferred.
- Experience in market or liquidity risk and financial services is preferred.
- Market Risk: Significant experience with analysis of and reporting on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, interest rate risk, and relevant regulation (e.g., Volcker, CCAR, DFAST, SLR, IRRBB).
- Liquidity Risk: Significant experience with analysis of and reporting on funding, cash flow projections, deposits (including operational and behavioral views), liquidity measures, liquidity stress testing and relevant regulation (e.g., CLAR/ILAA, LCR).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85213
Requisition Number: 2005225