- Ensures market or liquidity risk data analysis, reporting and monitoring are being completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Identifies, investigates and corrects or escalates a wide variety of market or liquidity risk issues.
- Assigned businesses/business partner areas are typically moderately-sized and of limited complexity.
- Applies knowledge of market or liquidity risk management best practices and financial markets in support of analyzing, monitoring and measuring risk.
- With minimal guidance, helps with a range of activities, including producing market or liquidity risk data analyses, reporting and monitoring and completing data sourcing, data aggregation and data management for the business(es) supported and for market or liquidity risk management, ensuring accuracy and correctness.
- With guidance from management, investigates limit, position, and/or market or liquidity issues and produces periodic risk support and analysis for senior management or for financial and regulatory disclosures.
- Contributes to the interaction with trading or portfolio management and risk management to investigate and document any limit excesses, extensions, and breach remediation in compliance with prescribed policies.
- With senior level guidance, interacts with traders and trading or portfolio management, or liquidity or treasury managers, to investigate and document any limit pre-approvals, extensions, breaches, and breach remediation in compliance with prescribed policies.
- Supports the development and implementation of procedures to measure and monitor multiple risks hierarchically and across the entire organization.
- No direct reports.
- Responsibilities are primarily limited to assigned businesses/business partner areas. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Family Requirements: 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in financial services is preferred.
- Background in math, statistics, finance, economics, risk management, operations research, or a similar field is preferred.
- Market Risk: Ability to analyze and report on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, interest rate risk, and relevant regulation (e.g., Volcker, CCAR, DFAST, SLR, IRRBB).
- Liquidity Risk: Ability to assist with analysis of and reporting on funding, cash flow projections, deposits (including operational and behavioral views), liquidity measures, liquidity stress testing and relevant regulation (e.g. CLAR/ILAA, LCR).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85207
Requisition Number: 2005227