Job Purpose: Responsible for ensuring timely processing of all Client and Fund Manager instructions against intraday deadlines adhering to structured business as usual requirements in accordance with the appropriate markets, Bank’s best practices and departmental objectives in order to safeguard against any financial or reputational loss alongside providing high levels of quality service and minimising risks to the organisation. The role offers a variety of duties and responsibilities including exposure to complex market instruments, interdepartmental relationship building across areas such as Fund Accounting, Valuations, Corporate Actions, Data Management and Client Delivery. There are opportunities to become involved with project based activities and the review of new and existing processes and controls. It involves understanding the processes, controls, procedures and systems operating within the team. It also involves being proficient in carrying out designated functions and perform duties to a high standard, ensuring we provide accurate and timely services to other teams and clients.
- Manual Entry of trade data
- Ensure the Trade blotter is validated to ensure all trades by the client are included within the Fund valuation.
- Query Resolution
- Receive, instigate and resolve queries from other operational areas, thereby ensuring the ongoing support of the clients’ needs and reduction in potential impact to the Net Asset Value.
- Adherence to deadlines and SLA’s
- Adhere to Internal intra-day SLA’s and ensure any progressive impact to the client is minimised.
- Relationship Building
- Build and maintain relationships with other areas and individuals within the complete process cycle to ensure an efficient operating model for the onward transmission to the users of trade capture data
- The desired candidate should be enthusiastic, attentive to detail, flexible and have the drive to be successful while working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- He/she should be a team player, focused on consistently achieving both team and company goals
- Clerical skills with particular focus on accuracy, attention to detail, organisation and keyboard skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of complex over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives.
- Patience, perseverance and flexibility.
- Focused attitude to work, excellent individual and teamwork skills and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
What we can offer you:
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment.
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days.
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City Centre location.
- Discounts on a range of local retailers.
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree, and soft skills.
- Opportunity to join site wide network groups.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 70513
Organization: Global Utilities-HR13926
Requisition Number: 2005301