The position will work directly with Traders, Sales and various Back Office teams to provide daily support for reporting and understanding P&L, risk and trade capture. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a Derivatives trade support or middle office role. The candidate is expected to be the lead/SME of the group but will not have direct reports into them. The incumbent needs to present leadership skills and can manage efficiently and prioritize tasks amongst the group. He or she should be willing to work, to be team oriented as the incumbent will be part of the day to day responsibilities, to have good communication skills, to pick up concepts quickly, can multi-task, be detail oriented and to be able to work in a trading environment. Derivatives knowledge within Interest Rates, Equities, and Credit is required. Advanced computer skills and knowledge around VBA is a plus but not required.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, provide and understand Greeks P&L (Delta, Gamma, and Vega etc.) reports to Derivatives Traders.
- Run and understand portfolio analytic reports for risk purposes to provide to Trading.
- Mark interest rate curves at the EOD and other market data related activities for pricing (interest rate yield curves, volatility surfaces, security static data maintenance).
- Monitor trading activity on execution platforms and ensure that it STP’s to source system. Perform any OTC or listed trade capture as needed.
- To analyze and reconcile various reports and trades executed on the Desk.
- Participate in any UAT testing, upgrades or conversions for all ecommerce, post-execution platforms, and vendor related technology. Provide feedback to the Development teams or BNYM Technology support.
- Assist in any projects which will impact processes and workflows. Prepare analysis of findings to Management.
- Run through various Quant models to produce risk and P&L for Trading.
- To be able to identify problems and escalate any issues should they arise.
- To perform P&L investigations on trade activity where there are discrepancies in Cash Flows, Trade Capture, and Market Data in which analysis is provided to internal or external clients as needed.
- Assist in any ad-hoc projects with requests from Management, Traders and Sales
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Experience leading teams is a preferred. Experience in financial investments preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. Experience using the following systems is a plus. Summit, WSS, Murex, Broadway, Tradeweb, Bloomberg, Reuters, Markitwire, Fix Flyer, CFOX, Excel
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70639
Organization: Markets Operations-HR11984
Requisition Number: 2005465