Markets Operations supports a number of Operations functions across Markets including: FX Operations, Fixed Income and Equity Operations, Transition Management Group, Client Onboarding and Regulatory Operations. The goal of each of these team’s is to deliver a timely and high quality operational support for all products and clients. They focus on two main objectives: to enhance client experience through the delivery of a consistent and efficient operations process and to accelerate revenue growth through a timely business implementation process.
The Fixed Income and Equity Cash Operations group is responsible for managing all settlement activity from trade support through to settlement for the Fixed Income and Equity Cash businesses:
• Provide Trade Support Functions to each of the desks and product head
• Provide Middle Office function to all settlement activity through Pershing for EQ products
• Provide settlement functionality for all FI products
They play an integral part in supporting the Markets business to ensure settlement for the Fixed Income and Equity Cash businesses.
They interact with various internal teams including: Legal, Compliance, Technology, Reg Change, and Sales and Trading Management. They are a global team in North America and EMEA.
Global Fixed Income and Equities Cash Manager - Key roles & Responsibilities
Manage the Global Fixed Income and Equities Cash team, ensuring operational services are met on time in line with market and internal time lines.
• Works closely with Legal, Compliance, and Reg Change teams to understand and develop coverage for new and changing products and services
• Act as the primary contact and partner to internal stakeholders and committee meetings in regards to escalation, SLA discussion and monitoring, operational risk and control management, BCP coordination and process transformation
• Oversee the day-to-day escalation issues, design and direct procedures to ensure delivery of consistent results for Fixed Income and Equities Cash Operations
• Drive operational standardization, efficiencies and transformation for all regulatory reporting processes and controls
• Develop and maintain meaningful metrics to support Fixed Income and Equities Cash Operations.
• Meet internal policies and procedures and external regulations as needed
• Responsible for providing leadership to the Fixed Income and Equities Cash Operations team. Oversee the workload and activities of assigned staff in order to ensure the attainment of all service requirements in accordance with agreed upon service standards and Markets Operations policies and procedures
• Promote a culture of process design and challenge to ensure we build processes and teams for the end state for each business and process
• Invest in developing talent focused on client service, operational efficiency and control
• Serves as a role model to teams. Provide training and development opportunities to staff and promote succession pipeline
• Manage circa 20 direct reports across three locations (New York, Lake Mary, Manchester)
Incumbent must show good understanding of all aspects of one or more Markets products and business systems OR be familiar with regulatory reporting requirements across multiple jurisdictions.
Apply independent judgment in solving complex issues. Elevate extraordinary client or regulator requests and balance customization with risk and control governance. Manage workloads of assigned colleagues with a focus on accuracy, timelines, and regulatory compliance.
Nature & Area of Impact
This is a high risk business requiring excellent judgment. Poor performance can result in regulatory fines and material reputational damage.
Interactions/ Interpersonal Skills
Interact directly with clients and other internal stakeholders. Be able to influence others and manage conflicts. Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the incumbent should show an aptitude for:
• Strong client, organizational, analytical and execution skills
• Good communication, presentation, administrative, and computing skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead or influence colleagues to deliver according to the timeline
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 10-15 years of total work experience is preferred with at least 3-5 years management experience in financial services preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70573
Organization: Markets Operations-HR11984
Requisition Number: 2005508