The candidate will have a leading role in the global Public Policy and Government Affairs team and will serve as subject matter expert and key advisor on regulatory and legislative developments in China.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Lines of Business, Legal, Risk, and other corporate functions to identify regulatory and legislative priorities and support market entry and business opportunities in China
- Develop and execute engagement strategy for Lines of Business and corporate functions with regulators, government entities, and industry associations in China
- Build and enhance BNY Mellon’s profile as a trusted voice and industry leader on emerging policy issues, specifically in areas of China opening its capital markets and financial industry
- Cultivate relationships with policymakers, industry peers, and trade associations in China and APAC
- Brief and advise Lines of Business and other corporate functions on political, regulatory, and industry developments within and outside China
- Prepare senior executives and other leaders for meetings with clients and policymakers
- Demonstrate proven track record in cultivating relationships at the senior level with government and regulatory bodies in financial services
- Work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Digest significant amount of new information quickly to identify what is important
- Work collaboratively across different teams and regions
- Have strong written and verbal advocacy and communication skills (in both Mandarin and English)
- Develop and execute creative solutions to complex problems
- Self-motivated to advance goals with limited guidance
Minimum 10 years’ experience in government relationship management at international financial institutions, with direct interactions with Chinese regulators such as PBOC and CBIRC and industry associations such as NDRC, CDRF, Huijin, AMAC, IAMAC
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: China-Beijing-Beijing
Internal Jobcode: 85103
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 2005601