TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Global File Transfer Services (GFTS) provides managed file transfer support to the BNY Mellon enterprise. The team is responsible for troubleshooting file transfer related incidents in partnership with internal application support and when required, external clientele.
- Provides technical guidance and possess strong troubleshooting skills in all core file transfer and network disciplines.
- Uses expert knowledge of each protocol solution and is capable of configuring transmissions in any of them.
- Responsible for reviewing each assigned file transmission request, understanding the customer requirements, working directly with the customer and internal business partners and configuring a standard file transmission solution.
- Responds with answers to complex technical questions from the customer and can advise and make technical recommendations back to the customer.
- Utilizes knowledge of workload provisioning and strong troubleshooting skills.
Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation, works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- SME product knowledge of BizManager (OpenText), Sterling File Gateway (IBM), Connect:Direct (IBM), Connect:Enterprise (IBM) and Sterling Control Center (IBM).
- Strong support knowledge of file transfer protocols (e.g. SFTP, HTTPS, AS2, FTPS) and encryption types (e.g. PGP).
- Centralized monitoring, automation and service level alerting experience.
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting and problem investigations.
- Working knowledge of z/OS, Unix, Linux, Windows and BMC Remedy.
- Ability to multi-task and have excellent organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Working knowledge of network topologies, connectivity methods and load-balancer/proxy solutions is preferred.
- JCL and Shell scripting experience is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45142
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 2005622