The main aim of the accountants/analysts in the OTC Derivatives Support Team is to of understand the terms of all derivatives contracts and to accurately record these products on BNY Mellon accounting system. It involves capturing the trades but also monitoring the life cycle of the derivatives: ensuring rates are updated, cash settlements are reconciled to BNY Mellon Custody and positions are reconciled to counterparties. The team is also responsible for the investigation and resolution of all derivative breaks and queries through communication with custody, client and counterparty.
Main responsibilities of the candidate to the role:
As a skilled Lead Representative in the OTC Derivatives Support Team you will play a vital role helping us to automate the processes the team is performing daily and to provide the support to the existing tools/applications we are using. Key aspects of the role include:
- Building knowledge of the OTC Derivatives Support Team processes (trade capture, broker reconciliation, lifecycle management);
- Develop an understanding of all the technical functions and processes in the team;
- Working on the new functionalities/tools being created/introduced to the team by being involved in their configuration, mapping and their adjustment to the team processes;
- Providing support for legacy tools/applications by being the first line support, investigating issues and providing resolutions;
- Strive to improve standards within the team; adopt questioning approach to current methods and provide viable alternatives where possible;
- When working on projects, effectively communicating progress to colleagues and management at all levels;
- Provide trainings to the team if new tools/functionalities are being introduced to make sure the knowledge is spread across the team.
- University Degree;
- 2+ years of corporate experience, preferably in IT or finance related areas;
- Very confident computer user, comfortable learning new tools and programmes quickly;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office programmes and an interest in enhancing these skills further;
- VBA knowledge will be an asset;
- Xceptor knowledge will be an advantage;
- A results orientated individual who has a logical and analytical method of working;
- Ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of complex over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives;
- Ability to work on own initiative/project when required, as well as in the team;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated, reliable, well organised.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70511
Organization: Global Utilities-HR13926
Requisition Number: 2005679