Principal Cloud Architect
Location: MA, NY, or NY
Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
We are creating a new initiative within Data and Architecture focused on building all cloud capabilities. Our cloud currently consists of 6 engineers geographically distributed and we are looking to add 6 more (Principal and Architect level) to round out the team.
· Working on large IaC (Infrastructure as code) projects.
· Cloud environment mainly uses MS Azure with some Google cloud so you should have experience with one or both of these providers.
· Should have experience pushing applications to production
· Financial Services experience is a major plus, but must have experience working in a regulatory/compliance environment
· Architect-level candidates must have a history in engineering, running projects and delivering on them, executing on roapmaps, and maintaining strong relationships with cloud vendors
Sr.Group Manager, Appl Development->> Manages multiple application development projects for one or several business segments, including all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.. Works collaboratively with business partners on technology solutions that have a significant revenue or cost impact, oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems and identifies resource requirements to ensure 'best practice development techniques. Works collaboratively with business partners in defining, developing, and implementing technology solutions that have impact on improving the business. Oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems. Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Manage and forecasts operating budget within the approved plan. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple development teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
Using your extensive knowledge of Java
Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
Building and designing web services in the cloud.
Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required12 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java or C#
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45331
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture And Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 2005759