Within Alternative Investment Services offered by our company, our Fund Accounting department deals with Investment Funds that invest in Real Estate (RE) in a broad meaning.
The Accounting Supervisor will be assigned to this specific set of funds and will serve as primary day to day contact for services common to RE clients, based in Germany or Luxembourg. Person fulfilling this position will be responsible for controlling the entities within RE fund’s structure, checking their correctness of accounting used as well as it may involve production of periodically Net Asset Value’ (NAV) reporting. Strong emphasis will be put on ensuring that a strong control environment is maintained at all times including strict adherence to Global RE procedures and controls.
- Participation in preparing periodical accounting & NAV production for the RE funds, that may include period closing activities, construction & validation, dissemination and reporting tasks for all underlying entities.
- Checking the correctness of accounts’ balances prepared at the period end for Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs), so the entities within RE funds’ structures.
- Accounting for the proper adjustments, required under specific fund’ GAAPs.
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Preparation of regulatory reporting required for investment entities.
- Supervision and independent review of general ledger accounting for particular entities, prepared by less experienced team members.
- Communication with the clients and other external or internal parties on a regular basis, managing timely answers and responses to any queries as well as acting as a key client contact.
- Ensure that RE deliverables are provided on time and are in line with all procedures.
- Assistance in efficient workflow and the implementation of improvements, procedures and standards as well as process transition implementation.
- Degree in finance or any other accounting related discipline and/or accounting certificates is required.
- At least 3 - 4 years of experience in accounting or audit is required.
- Advanced English is required.
- Good understanding of any country’ accounting principles and/or IFRS.
- High level of accuracy and proficiency in Excel.
- Good command of German would be an asset.
- Knowledge of German and/or LUX GAAP would be a strong advantage.
- Exposure on financial statements’ preparation and consolidation would be a value added feature.
- Knowledge of property/real estate accounting would be a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: PAS22
Organization: Transfer Agency Operation EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 2005872