Our Derivatives Collateral Team based in Manchester is currently seeking a senior analyst to join us. This team covers ETD, Cleared OTC, Bilateral OTC and Collateral recons on behalf client. The day to day work is a mixture of reconciliations, cash, issue resolution and queries, all of which can differ on a daily basis. A successful candidate would be expected to deal with BAU, authorize other team member’s work, and contribute towards process improvements and group projects.
As this role will be servicing valuable clients, we’re looking for someone with a keen attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency when prioritizing the variety of work we have.
Communication is key; a successful candidate could be expected to deal with client queries or to deal with colleagues who support the client across the globe.
- Provides quality service and support to internal and external clients on a daily basis, including monitoring collateral inflows from trade derivatives, facilitating delivery of collateral to appropriate investors and dealers.
- Handles complex problem resolution.
- Focuses on moderately-sized, complex accounts.
- Monitors market movements and processes additions or removals of collateral to or from deals.
- Confirms trade terms and details.
- May serve as the intermediary for a trade or provide post-execution trade support and communicate with counter parties (traders, etc.).
- Sets up medium-sized client accounts, maintains, prepares and reviews client statements. Reviews statements prepared by more junior team members.
- Maintains relevant paperwork in accordance with departmental policy.
- Emphasizes regulatory compliance and minimizes exposure related to processing tasks.
- Investigates and corrects errors in client accounts and statements.
- Escalates any serious issues to management.
- Reviews errors escalated by more junior staff and addresses appropriately.
- Communicates with the Trading Desk and counter parties.
- Communication responsibilities are sometimes client-facing but usually focused on the clients back office.
- Liaises with financial control and regulatory reporting staff to ensure integrity of reporting and assesses impact on capital.
- No direct reports. Trains entry level staff and instructs on performance improvements.
- Responsibilities are primarily limited to own fulfillment of role requirements but also include providing training and guidance to entry level staff.
- Focus is on medium-sized, complex accounts.
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience is preferred.
- Experience in brokerage processing is preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70443
Organization: Middle Office & Derivative Ops-HR12084
Requisition Number: 2005885