EMEA Risk Management:
Responsible and accountable for providing regional 2nd line independent risk advice, oversight and challenge including risk management of all business and legal entity operations across the region, spanning the full enterprise risk taxonomy and including integration of risk management into strategic planning, risk identification, management and mitigation activities. Enable efficient and effective risk governance. Close partnership across regional Legal Entities, global Lines of Business and Risk Functions.Team Description:
Work with the Corporate Staff functions and Representative ‘Rep’ Offices in EMEA to assure that each adequately identifies risks arising from their business operations and incorporates appropriate controls for managing risk, which are accurately reflected in risk management systems. Collaborate with the Business and other Corporate Staff Groups in the implementation of the Operational Risk Management framework; oversee the risk assessment of new business activities and significant change initiatives. Provide functionally independent second line monitoring of business activities, providing reporting on, and where necessary escalation of, risk issues arising from business activities.Position Summary:
Responsible for the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management activities in the region, client, product and process change risk assessments and risk reporting for an assigned business line/entity risk facing a high level of risk. Advise and assist the Corporate staff and Rep Offices with the evaluation of their existing processes and uses a high level of knowledge of risks that commonly arise to appropriately direct Corporate staff and Rep Office activities to address any control gaps. Uses strong familiarity with the assigned business line to anticipate, assess, monitor and report on operational, fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks inherent to Corporate staff and Rep Offices.Primary Responsibilities: Corporate Staff:
- Provide Second Line Risk Management for the Corporate Staff functions within EMEA
- Ensure Operational Risk Framework elements are embedded within Corporate Staff Functions within EMEA
- Enhance change framework tools for change within Corporate Staff
- Enhance governance relating to Corporate Staff risk management, with focus on EMEA legal Entities
- Establish close working relationship with Corporate staff Risk Management team in the US
- Provide Second Line Risk Management for the Representative Offices within EMEA
- Ensure Operational Risk Framework elements are embedded within the Representative Offices within EMEA
- Provide Risk over sight of significant business process changes impacting the Representative Offices within EMEA
- Serve as the key point of contact for first line of defence management on all risk issues, providing regular updates on risk issues, including prevention, identification, mitigation and resolution. Identify adverse trends and oversee the implementation of corrective action as necessary.
- Oversight and coordination for all risks associated with each of the business units outlined above to include, inter alia, operational, legal, regulatory, technology and compliance.
- Assist in executing the company’s risk policies, framework and governance and “best practices” across the EMEA region.
- Collaborate with management on formulating and executing strategy and decision-making with regards to risk issues.
- Ensure proper linkages to internal control groups, drawing team support where necessary.
- Contribute to the effective governance of the EMEA region. Play an active role in regional committees and local boards, offering constructive challenge and helping to support the Committee/Board fulfil its role and responsibilities for those they are a member.
- Help to ensure that a strong governance culture is embedded within the region, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
- Build a good understanding of the EMEA governance framework, including escalation requirements.
- Directs the assigned business unit's compliance with the Operational Risk Management Framework by identifying, assessing and mitigating risks, identifying emerging issues, contributing to the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, remediating deficiencies, monitoring and challenging business activities and enforcing business line awareness of and adherence to the risk management framework.
- Independently develops reporting on outputs of risk management activities completed. May assign reporting activities to more junior professionals. All reporting adheres to established CORM policies and procedures.
- Ensures the assigned business line's appropriate completion of all steps involved in the identification of possible risks during the creation or modification of new products and processes and all non-standard business acceptance events. Recommends modifications to reduce implementation risk and uses strong influence with business line management to ensure compliance, risk and control documentation and notification of all appropriate representatives and regulators.
- Uses established working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to ensure timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements. Responsible for appropriately escalating issues to the Risk and Compliance management team.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85196
Requisition Number: 2005906