- An experienced Global Custody attorney, providing legal counsel to Asset Servicing and Alternative Investment Services.
- Cross-border Regulatory experience strongly recommended.
- Often contributes as part of a larger team, but proven track record of independently advising a business or functional area.
- Viewed as a trusted internal resource capable of using knowledge of BNY Mellon's businesses, products, services and/or strategies to articulate and advance legal positions.
- Handles a broad portfolio of basic to moderately complex legal issues, including serving as an advisor to internal and external stakeholders, including outside counsel, relevant to issues affecting Asset Servicing and AIS.
- Reviews presented business issues, conducts legal research and investigation, and crafts legal solutions, balancing internal and external stakeholder interests, with the risks of adverse legal actions, revenue loss or reputational damage to the entity.
- May seek guidance from senior colleagues to ensure solutions align to global legal strategies.
- Communicates and collaborates with colleagues who also serve in an advisory or oversight capacity, such as Risk, Compliance, Audit, etc. and develops the Legal response/ position for issues identified as risks or areas of non-compliance.
- Helps manage outside counsel relationships.
- Communicates timeline and deliverable expectations; serves as a liaison for information requests.
- Reviews outside counsel work for appropriateness, quality and alignment to expectations; provides feedback and direction to rectify any issues.
- Maintains a broad understanding of practice or functional area products and services, or begins to specialize in a specific product or practice area.
- Advances knowledge through participation in external industry or professional events. May provide oversight to less experienced attorneys on team/assigned matter as needed.
- Responsible professional for assigned matters and may assign work to other non-attorney staff.
- Provides feedback on performance but does not have supervisory authority for others. Provision of advice and counsel extends to the incumbent's assigned internal client. Advice may have a direct impact on the internal client's, and ultimately the Company's overall financial position.
- Is engaged in Pro Bono and/or business resource groups
- Advanced Legal Degree or local country equivalent degree required. Progression to this level usually requires licensure/certification by the local country or jurisdiction.
- 5-7 years minimum of total work experience as a qualified attorney is preferred.
- Prior corporate legal experience within the financial services industry or experience in assigned practice area (e.g., securities, employment, etc.) with an outside law firm is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 2006040