Finance Chief Data Office(CDO) is a newly formed team to establish the data governance framework across Finance. The team partners with the Data Strategy and Digital groups to execute the data disciplines. We supports data consumers to drive data quality across Finance functions, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, CFO teams and corporate treasury. We aim to provide transparency of our data asset and actively manage the asset to contribute to the fulfilment of regulatory requirements and creation of operational efficiency. The CDO function plays a critical role in the transformation of the organization by connecting data, technology, processes and controls.
Providing Business/Data/Solution Architecture, Strategic vision and operational support for all Finance MIS Applications is one of the core responsibilities of Finance CDO team. MIS Applications include Planning & Analytics applications in TM1 along with Data warehousing applications. The role will be a key leader managing all operational and platform enhancement activities around these applications. The role will establish partnership with business, technology and other functional leaders to execute on the delivery agenda. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who can drive continuous improvement in the planning and forecasting process, deliver insightful analytics leveraging our dashboard technology and will lead the transformation of planning processes. An ideal candidate will have experience in optimizing finance planning process for speed, agility and insight.
· Acting as a key finance solution leader on a cross-functional and technical team.
· Serve as thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization and build scalable MIS systems. Provide advanced leadership in the development or support of MIS TM1 applications.
· Driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
· Leading a team of analyst, Solution Leads and data architects.
· Develop and maintain strategic roadmap and prioritization.
· Provide risk assessments for new functionality and enhancements.
· Leads discussions with business partners to gather requirements for technical solutions and troubleshoot system related issues with Technology team.
· Engage with TM1 technical leads to prioritize and deliver automated solutions.
· Bachelor degree in Finance or other technical discipline.
· 15+ years of financials systems experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, reporting and analysis functions, and related processes.
· Strong technical background including experience designing and building financial systems solutions with IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics or similar tools.
· Experience with Reporting and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, Cognos Analytics, OBIEE.
· Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, Alteryx.
· Demonstrated history of problem solving, financial acumen and business partnering skills.
· Proven success leading high performance teams
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and strong intellectual curiosity
· Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing demands.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Working knowledge of Agile business principles
· A passion of delivering results and building trust with senior leaders
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
· A work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Internal Jobcode: 85062
Requisition Number: 2006126