TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
TSG provides global infrastructure, end user computing and production support services. The organization’s goal is to provide reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver client commitments and business solutions around the world. We are continuously improving and bridging the gap between cost, customer needs, and innovative tools to ensure the best possible experience.
The Enterprise Monitoring and Automation team's goal is to provide the tools and strategy to drive holistic end-to-end enterprise technology monitoring across a combination of people, process, and tools. Define and implement a comprehensive standardized set of ‘best-of-breed’ monitoring tools for use across the enterprise. Democratize the monitoring data and federate dashboard configuration and events management. Develop a modern automation platform using artificial intelligence and machine learning to facilitate automated issue resolution and faster triage.
We are engineering a full stack Monitoring and Automation platform utilizing Open Source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, Cloudprober), commercial software (AppDynamics, Moogsoft, Ipsoft, Anodot) and home-grown software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people that are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop performant, highly scalable applications for mission critical applications in the Monitoring and Automation space.
- Work closely with key applications and DevOps stakeholders throughout the firm to help develop the application backlog and pipeline.
- Contribute as a Senior-level, subject matter expert that the team can look to for guidance across the Monitoring and Automation space.
- Develop high performance Angular-based applications and RESTful API’s using the latest technologies in a container based environment.
- Help guide and mentor more Junior-level Developers to support and encourage continuous improvement and career development process.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to
provide high-level application software development services or technical
support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT
management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the
organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on
implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various
applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and
resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with
IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and
associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and
integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative
technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and/or similar is preferred.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, well spoken, and able to work independently with minimal direction is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with GIT repository or similar is preferred.
- Golang or C/C++ knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge working with databases such as Postgre and/or MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience designing, deploying, and testing of enterprise level monitoring and application automation is a plus.
- Experience or exposure to a DevOps role with a passion for stable, resilient and available platforms is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Project Greenfield-HR17708
Requisition Number: 2006205