The System Administrator is a key role within the Enterprise Services and Support team. In this role, the successful candidate will act as the primary Administrator for many technologies critical to the BNY Mellon Data and Analytics organization.
What You Will Do
- Provide daily monitoring and maintenance of critical Infrastructure through automation.
- Work with patch management team verifying and provide critical day updates to virtual machines and End Points.
- Monitor requests and troubleshoot issues submitted by end users through Service Now incident management system.
- Provide escalation support for issues that cannot be resolved by level 1 IT Helpdesk Technicians.
- Provide training to the end user community as needed on various technologies supported by the ESS.
- Primary Audio/Video support contact for high level conferences, webcasts, and webinars.
- Collaborate with meeting organizers to ensure technology requirements are met for conferences/meetings.
- Creation of Knowledge articles and documentation of key infrastructure
Technologies You Will Support
- Azure & Office 365 Administration and design
- Active Directory Support, GPO, Domain Controller, DNS
- ESX VMware \ Critical Server Support \ Window Server 2016
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM) – Jabber, Softphones, Voice
- Legacy Exchange 2016 Administration
- WebEx Administration
- Site Scope / Network Monitoring Tools
- Active Directory Backups and Restores and Disaster Recovery planning
Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation, works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 certification or equivalent experience
- MCSE certification
- Minimum 5 years of Server Administration
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45142
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 2006242