Specialist Application Support Analyst – Senior position
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
ASET Global Distributed Production Support Team currently supports 15 global applications under Asset Servicing and Eagles Technology group, a part of Asset Servicing Technology. We are committed to minimizing risk and increasing efficiency by solving any production issues. We also support PTO (Permit to Operate) process for application development and quarterly Disaster Recovery Testing.
This position’s core hours will be on a shift basis with occasional weekend coverage and on-call rotations for outside of business hours.
• Level 2 application support to solve more complex issues than simple helpdesk tasks.
• Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for all incidents, problems and changes related to applications specific to the line of business
• Prioritize issues coming in directly or from L1 support
• Verify that incident tickets are prioritized and routed correctly by L1 support team
• Lead investigations and resolutions for incidents and engage the required groups including Infrastructure Support and Application Development teams (as needed)
• Interact with application support vendors for assistance as needed
• Track the incident throughout the lifecycle and ensure it is closed on completion
• Maintain service uptime and SLA (Service Level Agreements) targets
• Coordinate with the Senior Incident Officer/ Production Services Application Lead to provide information needed for updates
• Participate in root cause analysis to identify problems underlying the incidents and rectify to prevent recurrence
• Identify if change record is required to resolve an issue and follow standard procedure to ensure that a change is opened
• Participate in CABs (Change Advisory Board) as needed to follow-through any changes opened for issue resolution
• Support completion of the PTO (Permit to Operate) checklist and provide domain expertise as needed
• Proactively identify and manage continuity, security and resiliency risks that impact the business
• Support impact assessments in coordination with SMO (Service Management Office)
• Ensure that all service requests are addressed and resolved within SLAs
• Identify new opportunities to streamline and improve recovery solutions
• Identify repeatable manual tasks and lead efforts to automate
• Support regulatory compliance or audit support activities as needed
• Provide knowledge and training to new support personnel
• Recommends technical solutions on application problems
• Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes
• Be a mentor and lead junior team members
- Requires a strong hands-on person with strong trouble shooting skills, excellent problem-solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment
- Previous production support experience. Investment Banking Finance background will be added advantage
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Resourceful and the ability to take initiatives and act on it appropriately
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Basic experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience on Database queries, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, .Net, and Java. Good to have experience in Angular, C#, GIT, and JCL
- Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk, Prometheus, AppDynamics, and Moogsoft is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
What we can offer you:
• Working in a international company, with motivated colleagues and great team spirit. • Modern and flexible work environment for a positive work-life balance. • Varied challenging activities
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment • 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days • Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover • City centre location • Discounts on a range of local retailers • Opportunity for further academic training • Opportunity to join site wide networking and employee resource groups • We recognise and reward new ideas
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60167
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 2006254