- Manages a regional team (through a combination of direct and indirect reporting lines) of less experienced risk managers responsible for the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management activities at BNYM’s branches / representative offices / legal entities in APAC.
- Apart from regional responsibilities, the incumbent will also be the Risk Manager for BNYM’s Hong Kong branch
- Directs the assessment, monitoring and reporting on risks inherent to business activities, including fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks.
- Responsible for the integrity of the business line(s)/entity risk(s) or legal entity's adherence to the BNYM’s Operational Risk & Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks as well as local regulations in these jurisdictions which impact these frameworks.
- Serves on Risk Management Committees in the APAC region to ensure their effectiveness; facilitates and encourages informed and constructive debate on key issues.
- May also lead enterprise wide risk governance projects. Consults on the establishment of the enterprise-wide Operational Risk Management framework, the Company Risk Appetite Statement and the Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the establishment of the assigned business line or legal entity's risk appetite statements and ensures alignment with the Company Risk Appetite Statement. Assists the assigned business line or legal entity with the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks and helps to identify and implement controls to manage emerging issues.
- Monitors compliance and assigns routine monitoring responsibilities through less experienced managers. Develops routine reports as required and delivers these to management, CORM and the Operational Risk Committee (ORC).
- Works closely with Line of Business Risk Managers in the region with the objective of providing horizontal risk oversight across business lines and reduction of inherent risk
- Primary point of contact within APAC Risk team for coordinating our response to internal & external auditors and any other exams
- Contributes to efforts to develop a strong organizational risk culture and further develop the function's effectiveness as a second line of defense for the business or legal entity. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops less experienced managers, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 12-15 years of risk management experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred.
- Experience in Greater China region and Cantonese / Mandarin language skills will be an advantage although not mandatory requirements
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: China-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 85176
Requisition Number: 2006406