The Office of the CIO, in BNY Mellon's Technology organization is focused on driving, executing, and optimizing the business of technology, and move toward a stable, resilient and efficient organization. The Specialist, Data and Reporting Analyst, IT Change Management will:
- Understanding of either change management processes, project management, software development lifecycle or delivery lifecycle
- Analyze change data and coordinate with incident owners to determine root causes of production incidents, identify incident themes and trends for future improvements
- Analyze change data and create thematic analysis
- Collect, aggregate, organize and analyze data from multiple disparate sources within the organization.
- Ability to identify, analyze trends or patterns in complex data set and generate reports
- Experience with leveraging advanced Excel and other analytical tools
- Develop understanding of systems and data repositories to review and identify data quality gaps and problems.
- Work with data owners to cleanup data inconsistencies and incompleteness
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities based on identified results
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, Business Objects, Qlik, i.e. is preferable
- 6-8 years of experience in data analysis
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, data visualization, and communications skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45122
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 2006423