The Office of the CIO, in BNY Mellon's Technology organization is focused on driving, executing, and optimizing the business of technology, and move toward a stable, resilient and efficient organization. The Sr. Specialist, Process Improvement Analyst:
- Integrates end to end Technology Enterprise Change Management processes / Delivery Lifecycle (DLC) and tooling in support of rationalization and automation of controls
- Enhances Technology Enterprise Change Management Framework to support Agile / DevOps practices
- Interfaces with Senior IT Leaders and key stakeholders across change domains to improve existing processes and hand-off points
- Identifies, analyzes and evaluates gaps in existing processes, methods and tools through continuous process improvement feedback from practitioners
- Supports Policy, Standards and Procedures writing and confirmation of integration points where relevant
- Uses knowledge and expertise of existing technical skills (project management, enterprise architecture, testing, development/ and or infrastructure) to make recommendations for process improvement opportunities
- 8-10 years of experience in technology / process improvement role required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience with Visio (or similar) process design and consultation
- PPM, JIRA, ServiceNow knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45175
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 2006426