Independently completes a wide range of administrative
activities in support of BNY Mellon SA/NV Executive Director(s). The incumbent
- Supports the Executive Director(s) in completing daily activities and managerial/administrative tasks which are frequently advanced and complex in nature
- Interacts daily with the assigned Executive Director(s) direct reports and/or team. These interactions may occasionally be at the leadership level
- Partners with other assistants supporting BNYM SA/NV Executive Director(s) and/or Sr Managers in a pool ensuring back-up coverage, collaboration, efficient planning, etc.
- Displays ability to appropriately interact with leaders during occasional interactions inside the organization
- Is expected to collaborate on projects related to administrative initiatives. Conducts research; compiles, analyses and summarizes information for reports and correspondence
- Leverages own contacts and resources, and liaises with other managers on behalf of the assigned Executive Director(s) and/or Sr Managers and/or team to facilitate information gathering and confirmation of answers
- Applies discretion to triage a wide range of requests, questions and problems directed toward the assigned Executive Director(s) and/or Sr Managers and/or team
- Is expected to address and/or identify the level of urgency and escalate as necessary
- May be expected to prepare draft correspondences, memoranda and reports on behalf of and for review by the assigned Executive Director(s) and/or Sr Manager(s) and/or team
- May undertake diversified or special projects requiring interaction with multiple teams.
The role requires ability to effectively prioritize competing requests and switch focus as needed; often must negotiate prioritization of administrative activities with team members/manager(s), and may imply to participate in ad-hoc special projects or administrative initiatives.
Tasks generally consist in:
- Performing advanced, diversified and sometimes confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
- Screening calls and visitors, and resolves inquiries. Scheduling meetings, preparing and distributing meeting agendas and minutes
- Making travel arrangements and maintaining calendar of appointments for assigned Executive Director(s) and/or Sr Manager(s) and/or team. Activities may also encompass disciplines such as event planning, bookkeeping, as well as standard areas like word processing, data entry etc.
- Exercising autonomy in troubleshooting a diverse range of sometimes complex issues as they arise
- Conducting a range of administrative assignments related to the assigned Executive Director(s) and/or Sr Manager(s) and/or team's attendance or conduct seminars, workshops, and/or conferences, among others, including preparation of materials, scheduling and logistical arrangements.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 76002
Organization: EMEA Area Management-HR06761
Requisition Number: 2006471