- With minimal guidance, contributes to the compliance efforts of the assigned business units.
- Contributes to projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- With minimal guidance, contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of AML
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Reviewing and investigating alerts, performing investigations, or enhanced due diligence reviews for potentially suspicious activity; making risk-based SAR recommendations and preparing SARs.
- Review and independently assess cases derived from Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act suspicious activity monitoring and Economic Sanctions/Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Utilize transaction monitoring and case management systems, vendor solutions and open source tools to conduct investigations.
- Prepare observations from review and analysis through compiling of review notes, documentation and resolution.
- Interact with various client compliance and operational staff, customer service areas, and management in conducting review.
- Review system generated alerts, assess impact to AML processes, conduct research as required, and document results in written format.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- No direct reports.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements and expectations for identifying unusual or suspicious activity in connection with financial transactions, related to economic sanctions (e.g., OFAC), and the requirement to file suspicious activity reports.
- Strong analytical skills derived from previous experience in a Financial Intelligence Unit or similar investigative setting including former law enforcement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others, along with independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Lexis Nexis and Negative News Searches.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervision and/or compliance with prior AML experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Oriskany
Internal Jobcode: 85160
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 2006510