TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Networking team deploys and supports customer and partner network infrastructure, WAN networks and virtual load balancers. In a collaborative environment, the team is a central piece to onboard new customers. Working as a service delivery organization, we interlock with Security, Risk and Client Services teams to deliver technical customer facing activities and communications.
The Senior Specialist Network Engineer is an industry expert in a broad area of architecture and technology. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responds to escalated issues. The role will be the technical lead on transformational projects working with multiple teams in the bank as well as external customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead Architecture conversations across multiple BNY Mellon technology teams.
- Drives the transformation of SDN/NFV environment from a technical perspective.
- Leads the design of Extranet/WAN and internal networks.
- Deploys new customer networks at BNY Mellon and customer facilities.
- Troubleshoots production deployments as a L3 escalation.
- Leads disaster recovery testing to assure compliance with regulations and procedures.
Sr. Specialist Network Engineer->> Leads in the research, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has a comprehensive understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of moderately complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works with other IT staff and vendor representatives on projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Expert level in MPLS, LDP, BGP protocols; WAN networks; VPN technologies.
- Experience with SDN and NFV, programmable networks, Python, Ansible and Rest-API’s.
- Knowledge of NGDC. (Spine-leaf architectures)
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ASR, CSP, ISR platforms in a multi-tenant MPLS environment.
- Knowledge of firewall, WAN optimization and load balancer technologies.
- Proficiency with networking troubleshooting methodology and techniques.
- Experience with network performance and monitoring tools is a plus. (Applications oriented)
- Technical consulting experience is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45171
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 2006514