TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Mainframe Services at BNY Mellon is at the very foundation of our business. We’re a dynamic and growing environment supporting many of our Core Business Systems. The Mainframe team is responsible for delivering highly resilient systems on the latest IBM hardware and multi-vendor software. As a member of this team, you can be a part of implementing technology driven by several significant investment programs to move us to the next level of processing.
The Lead Systems Engineer/Programmer designs and develops solutions to moderately complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns utilizing CA/Broadcom Mainframe Automation products. In addition, this role will perform systems management and integration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures that all systems, applications, software, and hardware are compliant with corporate policy/procedures.
- Identifies issues and contributes to developing solutions.
- Maintains and may lead the process for documenting design.
- Works with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Ensures these needs are taken into account when developing infrastructure.
- Implements changes to the organization's infrastructure technology that enhance its reliability and efficiency.
Lead Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Designs
and develops solutions to moderately complex application problems, system
administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and
integration functions. Ensures that all systems, applications, software, and
hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Identifies issues and
contributes to developing solutions. Maintains and may lead the process for
documenting design. Works with Application Development and Quality Assurance
and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and
testing processes. Ensures these needs are taken into account when developing
infrastructure. Develops detailed project plans and tracks project progress.
Evaluates the organization's existing infrastructure technology and researches
and analyzes trends. Implements changes to the infrastructure technology that
enhance its reliability and efficiency. Contributes to the achievement of
related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Four to six (4-6) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Willingness to learn Mainframe Automation tools and environment.
- Web design experience is preferred.
- Self-starter with effective oral and written communication skills, be customer-service oriented and an experienced problem solver who seeks assistance when necessary.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work well in a team-oriented environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Freeport
Internal Jobcode: 45116
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 2006672