As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
What you will be doing:
The Insider Threat program is responsible for researching, triaging, and investigating anomalous events of concern using Behavior Analytical tools, Splunk, and other tools to determine potential indications of malicious or risky insider activity. The Security Analyst will be responsible for the following:
Conducting investigations by analyzing and verifying information through various investigative techniques, internal resources, forensics and Data Loss Prevention controls.
Providing actionable Insider threat intelligence for enterprise risk reduction and remediation by partnering with relevant stakeholders in identifying and driving risk remediation approaches to current and emerging threats.
Collaborating with internal teams and external representatives to drive insider threat program continuous improvement.
Assess and make recommendations to the Insider Threat Services team regarding software tools used to support and improve the insider threat program.
Documenting Insider Threat gaps and requirements, and activities in written products and reports.
Conducting case and investigative support to investigations, administrative or security inquires, which may include after-hours support and coordination with other teams.
Manage high risk information security incidents by working with internal and other risk teams Conducting analysis of known and emerging insider threats.
Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure.
Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies.
Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation.
Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities.
Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed.
Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published.
Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Insider Threat and/or Counterintelligence program experience
- Experience as an insider threat detection, cyber security, intelligence or counterintelligence analyst with specific understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by criminal adversaries in relation to insider threats.
- Exhibits exceptional critical thinking/writing skills - prepares extensive assessments, documents, and disseminates information through reports and briefs to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong cyber analysis experience as it relates to insider threats, experience with data analytics tools and databases
- Experience writing cybersecurity incident assessment reports
- Documenting each stage of the investigation and maintaining a focus on case logs and details
- Presenting findings via written reports and orally to key stakeholders in clear and concise language
- Ability to interact with and lead discussions with senior Bank executives across different functions and lines of business
- Skilled in management of high risk regional information security incidents by working in effectively across a multiple teams and partners in a complex organization on a global scale
- Maintain an awareness of industry challenges and advancements in order to add value to existing technologies and processes used within the team
- Must be able to operate under tight deadlines and quick learner in applying new tools and techniques
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills to achieve completion of workload within required timescales
- Team player must include first class interpersonal skills and high level of Integrity and confidentiality
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity or a Bachelor’s Degree in other fields with a minimum of 10+ years in cybersecurity, counterintelligence, or insider threat related fields.
- Experience working in Intelligence Community within a counterintelligence and/or insider threat program
- Hands on experience with investigative and/or insider threat tools, such as UBA, DLP, Computer Forensics, Monitoring, Splunk, Incident Response, Databases, or data visualization tools
- Experience in financial services industry
- Understanding and/or working knowledge of insider threats in the Dark and Deepweb and/or Clearnet underground forums
- Foundational knowledge in conducting complex investigations with an Insider Threat emphasis
- Certifications- Splunk, CERT, CFE, CFCE, CISSP, GCIH, SANS, GIAC
- Experience conducting investigative interviews
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60155
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 2006770