As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
Treasury Services Technology (TST) within CMIST leads the development and maintenance of state-of-the-art technology solutions for the Treasury Services business. TST is aligned with the business into five sub-segments including: Global Payments, Information & Liquidity, Payments and Receivables, Enterprise Financial Messaging (EFM) and Trade Services. Because of TST’s industry-leading solutions, BNY Mellon is the first bank to participate in Real-Time Payments processing and provide full transparency into the status of payments.
Sr Developer/Application Architect, Application Development->> Leads the research and design of technical infrastructure for applications. Leads research, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools. Assesses business viability of new technologies. Prepares an Architecture roadmap for the group. Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies. Makes recommendations, gains approval and develops implementation strategy for new technologies. Acts as advocate for change to provide innovative, creative technology solutions. Prepares and delivers presentations to top-level management on new technology and its impact on the organization. Provides guidance to other architects throughout the enterprise. Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Specific job duties to include:
- Role will provide Architectural guidance, strategy and thought leadership to the Liquidity, Trade, Client Onboarding Technology area consisting of approximately 35 technology resources + 50 Vendor resources
- Develop a roadmap to re-engineer and modernize the Technology stack over a 3-year period. Move from vendor products to in-house development using Open source technologies using REST APIs.
- Evangelize and evaluate new technologies and continuously look for products and technologies that can help to automate, improve and enhance the Finance application stack and reduce the TCO.
- May be asked to lead critical technology application development
- Collaborates with TST Sector Architect and Enterprise Architecture Review Board
- Must have led Architectural practice for a group or division and is well versed with Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience with multiple of these technologies: Kafka, Redis, Elastic, STRIIM, Netflix conductor, Docker, OpenShift, Spring, Rabbit MQ
- Design expertise with creating SOA and component service (e.g. REST API) based architectures required.
- Hands on and in-depth experience in Agile, Open Source Technologies like Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, Apache is required. UML knowledge is a must.
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment
- Hands on in-depth Experience on Angular JS, CSS, Web 2.0, Experience establishing good development processes and practices required. This includes coding practices for functional and non-functional requirements. Establishment of good test practices. Experience with Test Driven Development and related tools (eg JUnit) desirable.
- Enterprise system architecture experience including design of high performance and scalable, resilient systems is required.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership to the team and mentor more junior developers.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with business and technology partners.
- Experience managing offshore teams is required
- Financial products/services experience required. Treasury/Finance knowledge/background preferred.
- Sharp and incisive Influence management skills are required. Should be able to navigate Organizational networks and influence decisions.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2006878