The Senior Analyst, Tax Reporting & Compliance, is the dedicated contact for clients on all different tax procedures and provides pro-active assistance to clients assigned to him/her.
Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the tax services and requirements in the markets the client holds assets and build a good knowledge of the underlying operational processes that deliver these services.
- Demonstrate an effective understanding of the client structure and investments and consider the client impact of market changes, challenge and clarify any areas of ambiguity or expected concern internally before communicating these.
- Maintain oversight and awareness of all tax related service and satisfaction indicators; identify areas of concern and opportunities for improvement, agree action plan and timeframes with the client and you team leader and deliver on this plan.
- Handles all tax related queries from the client and provides full-scope and high quality replies to queries by anticipating client's further questions and by performing in-depth investigations; such queries can come either directly from the client or from client representatives in different locations. These queries can either be over the phone, by email or using different BNY Mellon systems.
- Assist clients in the documentation management, by pre-filling required documentation – if applicable/authorised – and monitoring the processing of these documents
- Analyse reclaim reports and pro-actively advises clients of outstanding issues and status.
- Actively participate to and/or pro-actively organize conference calls with clients on specific issues when necessary.
- Performs monthly "Health Check" calls for their assigned clients and provides a written summary of issues, discussion points and relevant action tracking, to the client and team leader.
- Monitor query turnaround time and provide reporting on these to management. Seek necessary information to respond to the query, assess risk and prioritize accordingly.
- Ensure all relevant procedures are up to date, suggest and make changes where appropriate.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Supports a selected number of clients.
- University degree in a business discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3 years of total work experience preferred; tax reporting and analysis experience preferred.
- Pro-client attitude is a must (previous client-facing experience would be an asset)
- Fluent English and German (must have)
- MS Office knowledge is a must (preferable MS Excel advanced user)
- Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Accountability, flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and prioritize the tasks well, often handle many tasks at once with appropriate level of detail-orientation.
- Ability to understand dynamic and complex local market regulations, procedures and practices and apply them to specific client and investment manager circumstances.
- Ability to effectively interact with other BNY Mellon departments (including Global Operations, Securities Lending and Corporate Actions).
- Ability to manage internal and external client expectations.
- Ability to escalate in an effective and timely fashion.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70594
Organization: Tax Document Report & Reclaim-HR17546
Requisition Number: 2006908