The Markets Resilience Team within BNY Mellon’s Markets organization is focused on delivering a best in class resiliency program that positions our businesses to remain operational regardless of the type of disruption. To achieve this, the Markets Resilience Program is comprised of 4 core program pillars: Resilience Planning, Testing and Awareness, Incident and Crisis Management, and Governance, Strategy & Metrics.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead the complex Markets Resilience testing and awareness program, and design and implement a Governance, Strategy & Metrics reporting framework that enhances transparency into our state of preparedness. S/he will partner with the other members of the Markets Resilience team to implement strategies that incorporate enterprise guidelines and business specific requirements, namely a new BCP and DR program that synergizes planning with testing and validation in a continuous loop. This person will work directly with business, operations, technology stakeholders to drive accountability and ownership of program deliverables. The ideal candidate will be a confident, detail-oriented self-starter with the proven ability to manage multiple resiliency projects and deliver them on a timely basis. Robust data manipulation skills are required, and s/he must be able to manage complex data sets in excel and other MS office tools.
· Manage the resiliency testing lifecycle for BNYM Markets and ensure that all enterprise requirements are met on an annual basis including documented remediation efforts and lessons learned. In scope testing includes business continuity testing, DR testing, notification testing, simulations/tabletops, and industry exercises.
· Build and implement a metrics reporting framework that provides management level transparency into program health and deliverables.
· Support Head of Markets Resilience in delivering the strategic resiliency governance model.
· Collaborate with team members to ensure resiliency plans and crisis management program reflects validated capabilities and lessons learned.
· Partner with resiliency coordinators in business, operations and technology to drive forward a culture of accountability and ownership.
· Conduct meetings with key stakeholders on a recurring basis to ensure constant state of readiness and document all risk, gaps and action items. Maintain reporting that tracks these items to remediation.
· Coordinate client and vendor resiliency questionnaire/RFP responses.
· Assist with regulatory exams and internal audits as required.
· Support head of Markets Resilience and business stakeholders during real-time disruptions, and act as backup during crisis events which may occur during or after working hours.
Skills & Behaviors
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project, MS Visio, Confluence, SharePoint, Emergency Notification Systems, BCP Planning tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate and present to multiple audiences within an organization.
· Demonstrates understanding of how and why processes and solutions are designed to deliver specific outcomes.
· Proven ability to think outside of the box, challenge status quo and adapt quickly to evolving requirements.
· Able to work independently and within a team environment; knows how build consensus and influence decision making to foster progress.
· Strong analytical and problem management skills, can articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback.
· Strong project management skills, including the ability to work on simultaneous projects across multiple teams with short lead times.
· Demonstrates a high-level of commitment and self-motivation, combined with enthusiasm and a genuine interest in Resiliency program management.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree or CBCP certification is beneficial, 8-10 years of experience in business/disaster recovery required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45153
Job: Global Markets
Organization: Markets Central And Sales-HR11390
Requisition Number: 2006947