Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at BNY Mellon fulfils an essential role providing an enterprise view of our aggregate risks and associated exposures and appetite. ERM is part of the larger Enterprise-Wide Risk Management (EWRM) function which brings together other key enterprise risk functions such as Resiliency Risk, Risk Assurance and 3rd Party Risk.
This is a VP level role within ERM based in New York, focused on the core elements of Risk Identification and Risk Appetite across all risks stretching across non-financial (operational, strategic, technology etc.) and financial (market, credit and liquidity) risks to provide a cohesive view of the enterprise. The primary responsibilities of this role will relate to Risk Appetite, including the development and implementation of complex projects aligned with an enterprise-wide risk management framework that is undergoing a strategic transformation.
The role will include extensive senior management exposure and working collaboratively across the wider EWRM organisation as well as with the different Lines of Business and Functions within BNY Mellon to promote a strong risk culture and continuously evolve and improve our ability to measure and monitor our risks in a proactive and meaningful fashion.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned operator able to hit the ground running demonstrating considerable experience and knowledge of enterprise risk identification, measurement and appetite most likely gained in a similar senior role at another institution. This is an opportunity to bring that experience to bear to have a significant and demonstrable impact as part of a committed, dynamic team. Our ideal candidate will exhibit some or all of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related quantitative discipline
- Relevant experience in a similar ERM or related function (5+ years minimum) with an emphasize on risk appetite, limits frameworks and associated quantification of risk
- Familiarity with ERM policy, procedure and regulatory expectation with the ability to bring extensive industry experience and best-practice knowledge to bear. An acknowledged “thought leader” in prior roles - setting direction and leading strategic change.
- Able to work with data and to analyse and present information in an impactful way for consumption by a senior audience (risk reporting etc.). Supported by strong analytical and quantitative capabilities, including advanced knowledge of MS Office – Excel for data capture, analysis etc., PowerPoint for presentation etc.
- Experience with regulatory expectation and interaction is a plus (FRB, OCC etc.)
- Strong communicator, able to explain complex concepts in a meaningful way. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior management.
- A proactive, self-starter able to illustrate an ability to run with complex projects with tight delivery timescales and senior management expectations
- Detail oriented with a recognition of the audience and importance of accuracy. Able to collaborate with risk experts to ensure a clear explanation of risks and metrics can be shared across the organization to ensure accurate decision making
As a member of the Enterprise Risk Management team, the individual will be expected to act as a role model, promoting a culture of continuous risk management improvement with an ability to work collaboratively with team colleagues and across the organization.
QualificationsBachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Business Analytics or Risk, Financial or Regulatory Reporting background preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85196
Requisition Number: 2006959