The Senior Group Manager, Construction at BNY Mellon:
- Leads all aspects of the construction and design staff and outsourced providers for all building sites globally.
- Provides leadership directly to outsourced partner, professional staff and contractors/vendors to drive implementation and monitoring of all processes and procedures.
- Sets specialty priorities and allocates resources to align with organization-wide objectives.
- Prepares and delivers performance to senior management.
- Has an expert understanding of all building sites that exist within the portfolio and all business/business areas.
- Recognized within the business as a leader in addressing construction related matters and establishing guidelines and the proper procedures.
- Serves as an escalation point for complex issues or roadblocks,, shepherds issues through to resolution.
- Leads consultation on construction issues, questions and problems and provides guidance to staff and contractors/vendors.
- Works across global and regional groups to communicate matters effectively to senior business management.
- Provides subject matter expertise to elaborate construction designs and enforces adherence to policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Leverages learned techniques to achieve business objectives. Is accountable for leading the resolution of highly complex construction issues.
- Leads the strategy for technical site assessment and ensures the appropriate level of awareness among management.
- Uses existing relationships to collaborate with leaders of various functions to develop long-term strategies for new and renovated facilities.
- Ensures construction and design activities align to company objectives as well as laws, codes and procedures.
- Leads the strategy to develop and improve construction design standards and delivery methods.
- Approves requests for proposals for contracted work and professional consultants.
- Researches, reviews proposals, selects and negotiates with vendors who will provide design or construction services for all builds/renovations.
- Creates and implements environmental sustainability practices for Bank facilities.
- Develops space planning, design and finish standards that govern construction projects and provide uniformity in Bank facilities globally.
- Reviews reports on team metrics results and makes team adjustments as needed to align performance with functional objectives.
- Coaches and guides staff on improving the execution of the complicated activities and achievement of multi-faceted goals.
- Manages the performance and development of staff,, determines staffing and compensation recommendations and leads in hiring and termination decisions.
- Directly manages senior managers, construction professionals, vendors, contractors and outsourced project management provider.
- Responsible for the achievement of functional goals and objectives with significant financial impact on the organization.
- Bachelor s Degree in architecture or architectural engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 12-15 years of total work experience with at least 3-5 years in management preferred.
- Experience in construction planning and architecture are preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85081
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 2007070